Hello. My name is Tony, and I’m just a regular guy.
More specifically, I’m a self-proclaimed geek/nerd who knows a lot of useless stuff and is not particularly good at anything. Despite such, I managed to obtain a PhD degree and a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and a Bachelor’s of Applied Science in electrical engineering from the University of British Columbia. I was born in China and grew up in Canada. I am currently working as an engineer in the Triangle region of North Carolina, USA.
Here are some random facts about myself:
- I consider myself to be an introvert, but I am becoming more social these days since there are various activities that aren’t as fun if I do them by myself.
- As with many other from my generation, I’m very interested in technology, particularly computers and the web, but I’m no expert at either. I’m still the IT guy at home though.
- I went to a total of five elementary schools.
I was a terrible kid back thenI’m kidding. My family just moved around a lot when I was young.
- I have more teeth than the average person (not counting wisdom teeth).
- I am fairly tall especially compared to the people from my region of birth, although not really that big and tall when compared to the really big and tall people.
- I’m not very athletic. Badminton is probably the only sport I’m fairly proficient at, because it’s the sport that I play the most. My size would indicate that I’d be decent at basketball, but the fact that I didn’t play often as a kid means my skills are severely lacking.
- I’m becoming more of an outdoors person. I enjoy hiking (especially when awesome scenery is involved), water activities during the summer, and skiing in the winter.
- I’m fluent in both Mandarin and Cantonese, but English is my best language these days. Also know a tiny bit of French from my days through Canada’s primary and secondary education system, but it’s impossible to learn it well when I don’t live in an environment where I need to use French.
- My other spare time activities include: watching TV and anime, reading manga, randomly browsing Wikipedia, watching YouTube, working out, learning guitar, drawing, entering sweepstakes, daydreaming, and designing/administrating websites such as the one you’re reading now.
That reminds me: Welcome to my website. TJ Online is my personal blog/website. My posts tend to be random both in terms of subject and schedule. Posts can range short updates about myself to long research papers and anything else I feel like writing. I also post photos and pictures on this website from time to time. I’m not a particularly good writer, photographer, or artist. That’s okay though since this is just a place for me to express my thoughts and not a website that was made to draw traffic. Even though you might not find anything too interesting, I hope you will enjoy your stay .