This page list all of the stuff that I’ve won from drawings, raffles, contests, giveaways and sweepstakes. I enter contests for fun, because who doesn’t like free stuff? Just to note though that I only enter draws for stuff that I actually want or have some use for. The term for people like me is “sweeper” or “contestor” because we enter sweepstakes and contests on a regular basis. The chances of winning a prize, especially a big prize, is small, but your chances are 0 if you don’t enter.
This is just a list of sweepstake and drawing winning I remember dating back to my childhood, and I will keep adding to this list. This list doesn’t include lottery or gambling winnings, or any gifts that were given directly to me. Most of the things I win are small, but they are from drawings that I have a high probability (better than 1 in 50 chance) of winning. There are gift cards which I won basically by default because so few people entered, so participation is key.
Things I’ve Won:
- A watch from a restaurant in China. I wore it regularly until it broke. It didn’t last very long.
- ¥300 CNY gift card from a department store in China. Won it by drawing the winning ping pong ball out of a box. Bought a few toys with this money.
- $100 CDN gift card to a steakhouse, at a company info/recruiting session at my college.
- A Nintendo DS and a game, from a company where I interned. Nobody in my family ever plays this anymore… just like all the other consoles we’ve ever bought.
- A toaster, from a grad school event. The toaster probably cost around $20 USD when new.
- A set of computer speakers from a computer store. The speakers had a price of about $250 CDN back in the day.
- $20 USD restaurant gift card from an apartment complex I lived in.
- Another $20 USD restaurant gift card from an apartment complex.
- A goodie bag consisting of a thermos bag, a water bottle, a koozie, and a bunch of snacks including Lunchables, from an apartment complex.
- A beer store ¾ sleeve shirt, from an apartment complex.
- A gift basket of nutritional supplements, from a supermarket.
- $50 CDN gift card to a drug store, from that drug store chain.
- $10 USD restaurant gift card, from an apartment complex.
- Bagel breakfast for my office, from an apartment complex.
- Pair of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters, from a reviews website.
- $15 USD gift code to an online store.
- Pair of tickets for a concert, from a reviews website.
- A rock band t-shirt, from a music website.
- Pair of tickets to a food and wine festival, from a reviews website
- A Dyson vacuum (MSRP $499 CDN at one point of time) and a $200 CDN supermarket gift card, from a supermarket chain
- $100 CDN gift card and a bunch of movie-related swag from a movie studio
- A metal mug from a hardware store chain
- A Steam game code from a Twitter contest
- An anime key chain from a Twitter contest
- A movie-related prize pack consisting of 3 posters, a tank-top, a t-shirt and a bottle opener from a Twitter contest
- A GoPro HERO6 action camera and a travel pack system consisting of a large backpack and a smaller daypack, from the makers of the travel pack system. Worth a total of $900 CDN
- A key chain flashlight from an auto parts manufacturer
- Two Steam game codes from a Twitter contest
- A cooler from a beer company and a snacks company, worth $50 CDN
- Another key chain flashlight from an auto parts manufacturer
- A small drone from the drone manufacturer, worth $45 USD
- Four Bluetooth trackers from the tracker manufacturer
- A weekend trip to Las Vegas which included round trip airfare for two, two nights of hotel, and $500 USD gift card